I. Owner / contact details
UID no.: CHE-254.972.767
VAT ID no.: CHE-116.300.514
Phone: 058 311 35 00
If you visit the website and particularly if you register on the website, personal data, i.e. data referring to a specific or identifiable person, will be processed.
We comply with the provisions of Swiss data protection law (FADP, Ordinance on the FADP) and – if and insofar as applicable – the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR). We consider the protection of our website visitors’ privacy to be extremely important and therefore provide information below about our handling of personal data on our website.
II. Reasons for processing personal data
Our primary purpose in processing your personal data is to provide you with our services. In particular, we aim to enable you to contract with a tradesperson, advertise for tradespeople and facilitate communication between advertisers and/or interested parties.
More specifically, we use your personal data:
- for communicating with you and with third parties;
- for providing, managing, backing up and personalising websites, apps, online offerings and other infrastructure;
- for concluding and performing agreements with you;
- for concluding and performing agreements with our suppliers, customers and business partners with which you are in contact, and for customer relationship management;
- for enabling our users to communicate and exchange documents with other users and with third parties;
- to become better acquainted with our end users and their behaviour and affinities, and to assess and improve uptake of our services and our communications in connection with services;
- on behalf of our users to assess your economic viability;
- for advertising and marketing for the Mobilière Group’s own offerings, e.g. to implement training, competitions and similar, and to send out targeted information and marketing messages. Marketing measures focus on Buildigo’s legitimate interests or where necessary with your consent. You can object to this data processing at any time;
- for preparing and implementing company acquisitions and sales, and similar transactions;
- for administering and managing our IT and other resources;
- for accounting, archiving, training and other administrative purposes;
- for reviewing and improving our internal processes;
- for ensuring the safety of our employees and the security of our buildings and facilities;
- for verifying and complying with legal obligations, including orders of a court or authority; for compliance and for the detection, investigation and prevention of abuses;
- for asserting our claims and claims of affiliated companies and for defending claims against us, our employees, companies affiliated with us and against our contractual and business partners, before courts and authorities at home and abroad.
Initiation of contact by the visitor / newsletter
We also process personal data if you contact us as a website visitor, e.g. via a contact form, and in doing so voluntarily disclose to us details such as your name and email address. Which personal data is collected depends on the specific details requested.
Buildigo uses the email/newsletter communication channel to send out offers customised for you or relevant information. For all types of emails/newsletters, the personal data you provide (e.g. name, first name, email address) will be used to address you.
When using email, push notifications and other electronic channels, we may also process data about your response to communications (e.g. whether a newsletter/marketing email was received and opened) in order to identify communications that are of interest to you and to optimise our campaigns for you. In addition, use of our website may be analysed if visited via a link in the email. We use this information to measure a campaign’s effectiveness. These evaluations are carried out on an aggregate basis without any customisation.
Newsletters may be sent to you with your consent and under specific conditions based on legitimate interest. Every newsletter contains the option of unsubscribing from future newsletters. To do so, please use the link contained in the respective newsletter.
III. Forwarding of data to third parties
Personal data will only be forwarded to third parties for their own use after appropriate notification and based on your consent, to the extent required by law.
Transfer of data from the customer to the potential contractor
In order to process orders, Buildigo is entitled to share the personal details entered by the customer and the relevant order description with potential contractors active on the platform in this function in order to enable them to prepare an offer. Contractors are individually responsible for how they process the data.
Data processing by the Mobilière Group
Buildigo is a subsidiary company of Swiss Mobiliar Holding Ltd with its registered office in Bern and thus belongs to the Mobilière Group including its general agencies (hereinafter referred to as “la Mobilière”). La Mobilière is also subject to Swiss data protection law and – if and insofar as applicable – the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR).
Insofar as a contractor was referred by la Mobilière to Buildigo, Buildigo may forward to la Mobilière details of the orders that the contractor has accepted via the platform. The data is used to calculate the referral fee and for analysis purposes.
Order data processing
Data may be forwarded for the deployment of analytics tools (see section VI).
IV. Forwarding of data abroad
Cookies are used on the basis of our legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 13 FADP and Art. 6, para. 1, point f GDPR.
Concerning third-party cookies, please see sections VI and VII below.
VI. Tracking tools and services of other third-party providers
On our website we make use of the DoubleClick, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Google Fonts, Google Maps, Google Remarketing and YouTube services provided by US company Google Inc. and its subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as “Google”). The aforementioned Google services are used for statistically evaluating the use of our website so we are able to improve our website on a continuous basis. The aforementioned Google services partially make it possible to show our website visitors customised advertising.
Google Fonts serves to integrate fonts on our website. Google Maps serves to integrate maps on our website. YouTube serves to integrate videos on our website.
The Google services are used on the basis of our legitimate interest in an analysis of website usage within the meaning of Art. 13 FADP and Art. 6, para. 1, point f GDPR.
In order to detect technical errors, we make use of Sentry on our website, a service operated by US company Functional Software Inc. Sentry collects errors occurring in the browsers used by our customers while browsing Buildigo.ch. The errors and their associated information (name of error, description of error) and a context (browser name, version, operating system name, version, etc.) are sent to us. This enables us to detect errors and optimise our product technically. Information about data protection at Sentry can be found at https://sentry.io/privacy/
Microsoft Clarity is an analytics service provided by Microsoft Corporation, which helps us to track customer behaviour on the website, recognise user browsing issues and thus optimise our website. For this purpose, Microsoft stores a cookie on your browser. Should your browser not permit it, no cookie is left behind. You can find information about how Microsoft Clarity protects data at https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement
Hotjar, an analytics service of Hotjar Ltd, domiciled in Malta, supports us in facilitating a better user experience and a better service for our customers, helps us to diagnose technical problems and analyses user trends. Above all the functioning of the Hotjar-enabled website is improved through the services of Hotjar by making it more user-friendly, more sustainable and easier to navigate around for end users.
Depending on the browser you use, you may be able to prevent Hotjar from collecting your data via a Hotjar-active website. You can do this by going to the Do-Not-Track page and clicking on “Block” or activating “Do Not Track (DNT)” directly in your browser. Further information about data protection with Hotjar can be found at www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/#enduserenglish
Buildigo makes use of the following technologies for analysing and enhancing the website offering: Tealium Universal Data Hub and Tealium Tag Management System (“TMS”), both services provided by Tealium Inc., 11085 Torreyana Road, San Diego, CA 92121, USA (“Tealium”).
VII. Links to our social media accounts
We place links on our website to our social media accounts and hence to external sites. Once you have clicked on the corresponding link, we no longer have any control over how the data transmitted to third parties as a result of your click is processed.
If you activate a link to a social media platform (social plugin), a direct connection is established with the servers of the corresponding social media platform. The links may establish a connection to play videos. If you activate a link (i.e. by clicking on the video), the IP address and other data will be transmitted to the social media platform and the fact that you visited our website may be shared. This information may be assigned to your user account on the platform. Even if you interact with social media platforms via our webpage (and thus use the “Share” or “Tweet this”) functions on Facebook or Twitter respectively, the content of our pages may be linked with your profile on the relevant social media platform. If you are not a member of the social media platform or are not logged in there, there is still a possibility that your IP address may be forwarded and stored there.
Buildigo is not responsible for the processing of data by these providers and has no control over how this data is processed. The social media platform called up is subject to its own data protection arrangements. Please enquire about how the relevant social media platform processes data.
VIII. Technical and organisational measures
We take suitable technical measures (e.g. encryption, access restrictions) to safeguard the personal data available to us against partial or total loss, unauthorised third-party access and manipulation. Our employees and order data processors are obliged to comply with the provisions under data protection law.
IX. Storage period / data deletion
We store the information and data for as long as this is necessary for the purposes stated and / or we ourselves have a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 13 FADP and / or Art. 6, para. 1, point f GDPR, or, if data processing is based on your consent, as long as you have not revoked this. Any statutory retention obligations remain explicitly reserved.
X. Your rights
You are entitled under the applicable legislation:
- to request information about whether and, if so, what personal data we process about you;
- to request the correction of data stored with us;
- to request the deletion of your personal data if data processing is no longer necessary, if and insofar as retention of the data is not required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation (e.g. statutory retention obligations), for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to request a restriction and / or blocking of data processing unless we are legally obliged to conduct processing;
- to lodge an objection to data processing that we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interest and / or revoke any consent granted at any time. The legitimacy of data processing carried out on the basis of the consent prior to its revocation shall not be affected by this;
- to request the release of the personal data concerning you free of charge in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format;
- to submit a complaint to a responsible supervisory authority. In Switzerland you may contact the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (www.edoeb.admin.ch).